Monday, May 01, 2006

Home-bred Debojit flying high!


It’s takes more than a whiff of fate to perform in foreign turf. It’s agility, networking and slogability (slogging ability) that saw this Silchar lad sweep to superstardom to become the ‘Voice of India.’ Amidst deafening cries of regionalism and racist sentiments, Debojit steared clear to create history by bringing all northeasterners together – a first in the North-east India’s history.

No wonder, today, as Debojit (Bapan) gets busy shuttling between one studio to another and visiting exotic film locales, he is being discussed and analyzed in Delhi University’s D-school campus by academic stalwarts over umpteen cups of coffee and ‘garam’ samosa. All unaimously agree that Debojit is a rare acheiver. And when my one and half year old cutie daughter gives a broad smile at Debojit's painting and recalls his name, I know that the achievement is a rarity.

Painted in Canvas -- My tribute to the crusader

Comments:
Hi Asim!

That's a great picture. I want to have more of Silchar.

Suman
 
Hi dude!

I love Debojit's songs. Thanks for the painting. I will take a print out for my friends.

Bye,

Meenu
 
Wow that's a great painting. Did Debojit visit this website.

Tell him about the painting...atleast he should write something about his portrait here
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?